Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blogs



During my recent prac I have had no access to ICT's. In an attempt to get an idea of how students respond to this type of technology I have seconded my 10 year old daughter into action. After introducing the technology to her, she decided she would like to establish a blog about the books she has read. Using this in an authentic classroom setting would encourage students to report on books read during level reading, as well as books read for pleasure. Students might be asked to provide a short re-count of the story, and respond to questions such as: Why I like/disliked this book? How did it make me feel? Whose voice is heard/unheard in this story? Similar book to this that I have read/would like to read.
Students would be asked to post comments to their blogs on a weekly basis.

What do others think?

No comments:

Post a Comment